The establishment of the Diabetes Nurse Educators (DNEs) Special Interest Group (SIG)is to promote the recognition of both nurses qualified to provide diabetes education, along with nurses working in diabetes education and management, over a wide variety of settings.
The SIG aims to provide an environment for such nurses to network and to raise both the general public’s and health professionals’ awareness of this group.
For all queries about the DNE
SIG, please contact Catherine Wallace-Wilkinson at email@example.com
Aims and Objectives
The objectives of the DNE SIG are:
- Promote the recognition of nurses qualified in diabetes education
- Provide a united voice for Diabetes Nurse Educators
- Raise the public profile of DNEs
- Increase the health industry awareness of the role of the DNE
- Provide an avenue for education for all nurses working in the area of diabetes
- Create an avenue for communication between Diabetes Nurse Educators throughout Victoria
To provide an environment in which DNEs can network, exchange ideas, seek information and investigate issues of concern
Membership of the Diabetes Nurse Educators SIG is open to all Registered and Enrolled nurses with a special interest / working in the area of diabetes and are members of the ANF (Vic Branch).
Membership is free for all ANF (Vic Branch) members.
Thursday, 9 May 2013 -
Members Meeting 6.00pm to 7.30pm - Finalise workshop details and
discuss members current issues
Saturday, 22 June 2013 -
Workshop and AGM 9.00am to 12.00midday
Wednesday, 14 August 2013 -
Members Meeting 6.00pm to 7.30pm -Insulin initiating in GP
Practice, through the RDNS and in Independent Practice
Wednesday, 13 November 2013 -
Members Meeting 6.00pm to 7.30pm- Medicare and Private Health
Rebates for diabetes education provided by nurses