Belinda Clark: 9275 9333
email the President at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Victorian Association of Maternal and Child Health Nurses (ANF Vic Branch) is a professional body that was established in the 1940s and it has been committed to the advancement of Maternal and Child Health within the state of Victoria.
Maternal and Child Health Nursing promotes the optimum health of families with children 0-6 years.
The Group is active in research, peer support and the promotion of child and family health and
The Group has developed Competency Standards to
assist and support Maternal and Child Health Nurses in the performance of their
- To promote the professional and educational interests of Maternal and Child Health Nurses.
- To provide peer support and networking for exchange of knowledge and experience.
- To raise the public profile of Maternal and Child Health Nurses in both metropolitan and rural areas.
- To continue working with the Australian Nursing Federation (Victorian Branch).
- To liaise with Human Services on issues related to the M&CH service.
- To liaise with the
Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD),
Department of Human Services (DHS),
the Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV) and other relevant government departments
on issues related to the delivery of Maternal and Child Health Services.
Membership is open to all
maternal and child health nurses or students currently enrolled in a course
leading to a post graduate qualification specific to maternal, child and family
health nursing in Victoria.
The annual membership fee is $75. Membership is from 1 May to 30
April. No part year membership is available. To join or renew your membership go to the VAMCHN website.
For VAMCHN meetings and events visit the website
or in the events calendar below.
- General meetings
are held four times a year plus an AGM.
- These meetings may
include an educational presentation followed by a business meeting and a
- The minutes of all
meetings will be sent via email to all financial members and will be
available on the website in the ‘members only' section.