Community Health Nurses Special Interest Group provides a forum for nurses working in community health to exhange ideas, network and professional development opportunities.
Olive Aumann, President
work 8843 2233
fax 9898 8010
mobile 0414 507 046
Mary Greene, Treasurer and membership secretary
P 9575 533
F 9579 3623
M 0407 873 298
Giancarlo Di Stefano, Secretary
M 0448 754 945
The CHN SIG is committed to achieving and promoting the professional, educational and economic interest of nurses engaged in community health nursing by:
- Providing a forum for the sharing of information and ideas between members, to facilitate mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Participating in relevant conferences, seminars and decision-making forums and being involved in activities that enhance the role of members.
- Participating in projects and research, complementary to raising awareness and issues and emerging trends relevant to members.
- Raising the public profile of CHN SIG and increase public and health industry awareness of the value of the community health nurse role.
In carrying out its purposes, the CHN SIG works co-operatively with and through the ANF and its branches and seeks to enhance the unity among, and the profile of CHN SIG nurses, in a manner complementary to the activities of the ANF and its branches.
MEMBERSHIP OF THE COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSES SIG
- Membership of the CHN SIG is open to all financial members of the ANF (Vic. Branch) who are interested in or engaged in the practice of community health nursing.
- Associate membership is available to non nurses.
- Application for membership is on the standard form application (see 'Membership form' in resources box). A membership list is maintained and forwarded annually to ANF (Vic. Branch) for its records.
- Membership of the CHN SIG ceases upon resignation, death, expulsion or failure of a member to pay outstanding fees within two months of the due date.
- The Executive Committee has the power to expel any member for reasonable cause, provided that such person has a right of appeal to the ANF (Vic. Branch) Council.