The following matters are apparent:
- The superannuation issue affects 1032 nurses and
midwives employed at Southern Health who accessed paid parental leave (both
maternity and paternity leave) between October 2006 and November 2011. It
affects 951 female and 81 male nurses or midwives.
- The total amount paid to either First State
Super or Hesta is approximately $795 938 that Southern Health is seeking to
have returned to Southern Health from the superannuation funds on the basis
that the nurses or midwives were not entitled to the superannuation
- It has been agreed between ANF and Southern
Health that the discussions undertaken today were on a "without prejudice and
Southern Health has undertaken to respond to the matter
proposed by the ANF in our meeting today by 5.00pm on Friday 10 August 2012.
ANF will consider the response from Southern Health and
provide a further update to members at an appropriate time.
In the meantime, ANF members are requested to please do the
- Forward a copy of any correspondence you have
received to ANF by facsimile - 9275 9344 or by email - email@example.com
- Do not meet with any Southern Health management
concerning this matter until advised further by the ANF.
- Do not consent to any request outlined in the
correspondence until further advice is provided by the ANF.
- Check the ANF (Vic Branch) website in the
members' only section for further updates on this matter (which will also be
communicated by way of further Newsflashes).
ANF will communicate further with members on this matter as
soon as it is appropriate.