On 30 July 2012 or shortly thereafter RDNS
members should receive a ballot paper from RDNS asking you they approve the
Royal District Nursing Service Ltd - Victoria - Staff Enterprise Agreement
This ballot will formalise the EBA that ANF
members voted YES to on 18 July 2012 at ANF
House. While in principle agreement was reached between ANF and RDNS on 13 July
at Fair Work Australia, all nurses and community care aides must now vote (as
well as other employees Health Professionals and Health and Allied Services
staff), so that the EBA becomes a legally enforceable document. Parts 1 and 2 of
the Agreement and Appendixes A, B, C and D of Part 2 will cover nurses and
community care aides (Part 3 covers other employees).
It is crucial that you vote YES again to implement:
- $200 up-front payment on the first pay period on or after the date of a
positive vote for FT and PT employees plus pro-rata payment for casuals based on
- minimum pay increases of 10% over the life of the Agreement
- CPD allowance for FT and PT employees (pro-rata) of $700 for nurses and $300
for CCAs per annum; paid in two instalments 6 months apart
- same annual leave and public holidays for nurses and CCAs
- new career structure for ENs
- increased on call allowance
- Sunday shift allowance of 75%
- clearly defined sub-regions and sub-regional sites with new conditions
regarding appointments, redeployment and on-call.
This email contains a flyer with the major
benefits regarding the outcome of the EBA. I encourage you to circulate this
among other nurses and community care aides.
If you have further questions or need assistance
please contact your Organiser on 9275 9333 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ANF strongly recommends that you vote YES in the upcoming ballot.