Public sector nurses and midwives will start receiving ballot papers today from the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) asking you "Do you approve the Nurses and Midwives (Victorian Public Health Sector) (Single Interest Employers) Enterprise Agreement 2012-2016?".
ANF is recommending you vote YES in the ballot that will formalise the YES vote at the statewide members meeting on 16 March 2012. This agreement followed a marathon nine-month campaign, two periods of industrial action and thousands of nurses and midwives signing resignation authorities. The campaign successfully saved nurse/midwife patient ratios, stopped health assistants replacing nurses and midwives, stopped unlimited four-hour shifts and stopped split shifts.
It is crucial that you vote YES again to implement:
- pay rises of a minimum 2.5% and ENs receiving between 4.6% and 7% in 2012
- annual continuing professional development allowance of $1000 in 2012 and $900 in subsequent years for employees
- improved staffing levels in rehabilitation and day oncology
- increased on call allowance, laundry allowance and night duty allowance
- new EN career structure
- merging of registered nurse and enrolled nurse conditions
- expanded community health nurses' and research nurses' career structure to be finalised
- professional development leave for part-time employees
- retention of community health centres, family and child health centres and smaller regional facilities and services in the agreement
- retention of qualified nursing and midwifery workforce ratios
Read the agreement
If you work for more than one health service, you may receive more than one ballot paper. You are entitled to vote more than once where this applies.
If you have further questions or need assistance please contact your Organiser on 9275 9333 or email us.
- Ballot opened 25 May 2012
- Ballot closes Friday 8 June, 10am
- Result declared Tuesday 12 June
- If a Yes vote is declared the agreement could be implemented by 20 June 2012
Make sure your vote counts by sending it back to the AEC in the envelopes provided by Tuesday 5 June 2012.
Please do not send ballot to the ANF.
If you did not receive a ballot paper by Wednesday 30 May contact Mario Chindamo at the AEC
Support the mental health nurses campaign
As members would be aware from yesterday's EBA update 64, Fair Work Australia Commissioner Gooley has called on senior Baillieu Government officials to attend negotiations on Tuesday 29 May 2012.
Please sign the online petition to maintain the pressure on Premier Ted Baillieu and Victorian Mental Health Minister Mary Wooldridge to reach an agreement that improves mental health nursing staffing levels, wages, working conditions and entitlements. If you've already signed the petition please pass the link www.tiny.cc/anfpetition on to your friends, colleagues and family.
More ways to support the mental health nurses campaign